May be XdTV is
A compagny named TTV propose us
to revive the project.
Here are the step we propose them:
- 1st step) CVS Repository Write Access: you can begin to
modify the xdtv program. <==== here we are
- 2nd step) Project web space write access: you can begin to modify the
- 3rd step) Release Technicians: you can release a new version
- last step) Project Admins: finaly I give you all the rights on the
To follow ....
15 September 2007 "XdTV is dead":
For few months, no
developement has been carried out on the XdTV project. None of us
has enough time or desire to continue or to maintain
this project. You will find a tarball on the
sourceforge download page with the last modifications
we did. If someone is interessed to continue the project, he can send
an email at this adress pingus_77 at yahoo dot fr.
Thanks for all who participate to this project. Good luck. Bye.
We provide you a full ebuild file: That
means an ebuild which offers you the possibility to compile XdTV with
the internal FFmpeg (to have the DVB support). This ebuild compile XdTV
with the last patch we provide. Thanks Alexis
We provide you a patch to have some success
with the XdTV 2.4.0 compilation on a not MMX arch like sparc,
alpha, powerpc, ia64 and hppa. This patch is not needed with the i386
architecture. It add the internal 64bits FFmpeg support (for amd64,
alpha, sparc64, powerpc64 and ia64).
Thanks to Christian Marillat for his help.
are happy to offer you a new
This new version is a major release.
It's the first of the new 2.4.x branch.
That means, we stop to
maintain the last 2.3.x branch
The main innovation is the so
expected support of the DVB
offers the XdTV DVB support:
the DVB support, some libraries are needed:
- a full DVB-T support (mpegts/mp2 flow)
- an internal option to scan TV (to look for the TV channels).
- the possibility to configure a frequency offset, in case of a
- an automatic detection of the DVB cards. Nevertheless it's
possible to force it through the -dvb option.
- a full record support through the current XdTV options.
- finally, the possibility to stream a DVB flow on the network (AVI
streaming with http).
This library is needed to download some
useful datas from the
is done during the first TV channels scanning.
So, an internet
connexion will be useful to do it.
This library is needed to synchronize
audio and the video.
This library is needed to read the
mpegts/mp2 flow and to record the
wished TV shows.
library must be activated for the recording part.
To have a full
functional DVB support, we must patch the FFmpeg source
code. Thus, XdTV contains its own FFmpeg version.
following some demands, it's again possible to link XdTV with
an external FFmpeg library.
will cause unfortunately the desactivation of the support DVB:
thus we don't advise it.
a way to avoid patching the FFmpeg library, we are
interested in his solution.
addition to the DVB support, this new version also proposes the
Thus, it will be also possible to
activate the DVB with an external FFmpeg library.
We will be happy
to commit it into the XdTV source code.
- add the France overseas channels.
- update the lirc possibilities (some new functions are usable; a
better OSD management).
- update the audio management (mute mode; no buzz sound at
- add the possibility to compile without the OSD fonts.
- add a better support for the OpenSuse and Fedora Core.
- add the sweedish language.
As well as many other bugfixes and updates.
For more informations, please read the Changelog
- by sending us your experiments on the DVB with XdTV.
- by helping us in the rewriting of the help manual which is
now too old.
- by redrawing a more modern website.
- by joining the developpement team or the translation team.
We hope to rely on you
as you can rely on us.